- Season 2013-14
- Check Competition Entries
Schools' Biathlon Rules
The rules for the Schools' Biathlon 2013-14 season of events are available from the Resources page.
In summary, the principles of the competition are as follows:
- classes are defined by the athlete's age as at 31st December 2013.
- each class competes separately apart from the U18 and U19 age groups which will compete as a single age group.
- the run and swim are completed separately, ie it is not a continuous run/swim.
- distances vary depending on age, but U10, U11, U12 and Teachers run 800m and swim 50m; U13 & U14 run 1,600m and swim 100m; remaining classes run 1,600m and swim 200m.
- scoring is based on run and swim times being converted to points. Each class has to achieve a target time to gain 1000 points. Times faster or slower than the target time result in an increase or decrease in points. See the rule book on the Resources page for the details.
The rules are detailed and should be read and understood before competing.