We’re looking to recruit an Event Director!
A fantastic opportunity to be involved with an Olympic sport at a critical point leading into the 2020 Olympic Games and to shape and deliver a unique and prestigious, world class multi sport event.
EVENT DIRECTOR - Modern Pentathlon Senior European Championships 2019
Pentathlon GB is the National Governing Body for the sport of Modern Pentathlon with a rich history of Olympic success. We are seeking to recruit an Event Director for the Modern Pentathlon Senior European Championships taking place in Bath between in August 2019.
The University of Bath, UK Sport and Pentathlon GB are working in partnership to bring this prestigious event to life and to maximise the opportunity to raise the profile of Modern Pentathlon and to bring the sport to a wider audience. The aspiration is to run a series of engagement events in conjunction with the European Championships.
We are looking for a dynamic Event Manager who will build and lead an effective and enthusiastic team responsible for the delivery of this world class event. Experience in the following areas is essential:
- Delivering a successful significant (e.g. World or European) major sporting event.
- Strong event and project management including experience of outdoor venues and temporary build projects for a major event.
- Budget management and the relevant reporting requirements associated with a major event or project.
- Risk management.
- Experience and understanding of high performance sport.
- Working with a number and variety of contractors.
- Delivering a project or major event with a number of stakeholders.
- Understanding of volunteers within sports events.
- Managing the implementation of commercial and marketing plans within the context of an event or project.
- Proven ability to engage with partners and able to work with and manage a variety of people at all levels.
- Experience of leading teams consisting of paid employees and volunteers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate these personal qualities and key skills:
- Good team player able to work for periods without direct supervision
- Goal oriented, highly motivated, able to use initiative
- Able to evaluate situations and react accordingly
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to prioritise and be calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Personable, able to meet and work with people at all levels
- High standards of discretion and integrity
- Proficient and comfortable with IT and proactive with the use of technology
The location of the successful candidate is flexible but there will be a requirement to be based in or around Bath at an agreed point prior to and during the Championships.
Hours will be discussed with the successful candidate.
This will be a fixed term self employed role starting in November/December 2017 with completion around September 2019. The total amount for the contract will be £35,000 including expenses.
For further information including the Job Description please contact Jeanette Kenyon via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 1 September 2017. It is anticipated that the interviews will take place in Bath on Monday 18 September 2017.
Pentathlon GB welcomes applications from individuals or companies with the relevant experience.