Pentathlon GB produces rankings lists for competitions which have preliminary or qualifying competitions to inform competitors who have qualified for the championship event. Currently, the championships with rankings lists are:
- British Modern Biathlon Championships
- British Schools Modern Biathlon Championships
The rules of each respective competition set out the qualification criteria which can be found here for the British Modern Biathlon Championships and here for the British Schools' Modern Biathlon Championships.
Those athletes who have qualified will be shown on the rankings list as follows:
- Individual qualifiers have a 'Q' against their name
- Team qualifiers are denoted by 'QT'
- Those who have achieved a 'ranking list' place because of their performance at a preliminary competition have 'QR' against their name
Where a qualifying swim time was achieved in a pool of different length from the pool length of the Championships an adjustment to the swim time and points has been made.