Organising a Time Trial
If you would like to organise your own time trial (this will need to be between September and December) have a look at the checklist below to see if you're eligible.
Do you have:
- Access to a 25m or 50m pool?
- A track or flat area of grass that you can easily use for an 800m run?
- The venue and enough time to accommodate at least 150 entrants?
- Access to a hall for registration, a quiet area for results and changing rooms?
- Reliable adult volunteers who can assist you?
- A computer literate volunteer to use our competition results software?
- Your own public liability insurance to run the competition?
If you can answer all of those points with a 'yes' and you are geographically situated in an area that where a competition would be of benefit, then you should be able to run your own time trial.
All competition dates need to be on the competitions calendar prior to the start of the autumn term so your next step is to speak to our Competition and Events Manager before the summer break who will talk you through the process and ultimately approve your time trial – this will also involve completion of the Competition Providers Agreement which details the administration fees to run the competition.
Once it has been approved we'll help you as much as we can. We will add the time trial details to our competition calendar and you’ll receive a Competition Organiser's Pack which includes everything you’ll need to know to run a successful time trial.
We'll also provide you with our results software. We'll give you training to make sure you're happy with how it works.
All the entries for your time trial will be made online via our website and if you decide to charge an entry fee then we will handle this for you as well.
We hope that you're able to organise your own time trial and if you have any queries then please don't hesitate to give us a call.