The rules for the Biathlon 2016-17 season of events will be available from the resources page shortly.
In summary, the principles of the competition are as follows:
- Classes are defined by the athlete's age as at 31st December 2016.
- Each class competes separately apart from the U18 and U19 age groups which will compete as a single age group.
- The run and swim are completed separately, i.e. it is not a continuous run/swim
- Distances vary depending on age, but U10, U11, U12 and teachers run 800m and swim 50m; U13, U14 and Masters run 1,600m and swim 100m; remaining classes run 1,600m and swim 200m
- Scoring is based on run and swim times being converted to points. Each class has to achieve a target time to gain 1000 points. Times faster or slower than the target time result in an increase or decrease in points. See the rule book on the resources page for the details.