British Laser Run Championships
Yate Outdoor Sports Complex, Broad Lane, Yate, BS37 7LB
We are delighted to announce that online entries for the inaugural BRITISH LASER RUN CHAMPIONSHIPS are now open.
The Championships, being held on 5th August at Yate Outdoor Sports Complex in Bristol are open to anybody who has a laser, level 1 or level 2 shooting certificate lodged at Head Office by the closing date. If you attended one of the UIPM Laser-Run City Tours and attended the 'safety briefing' to obtain a Day Shooting Permit, you will need to obtain a laser shooting certificate to compete - please let us know if you don't currently hold a laser certificate so we can point you in the right direction of a suitably qualified person who can give you the necessary coaching and guidance to help you obtain one prior to the competition. Obtaining the shooting certificate is an excellent opportunity to further practice your skills in preparation for the British Laser-Run Championships and will allow you to compete in any future competitions involving Laser-Run. Pistols will be available to loan on the day of competition.
The British Laser-Run Championships is a selection event for the UIPM Laser-Run Championships being held in Cape Town, South Africa on 13th - 16th October 2017 so top performers will be invited to compete (on a self-funded basis). The selection policy is available on the website via the link from the home page.
Please note that the closing date is 24th July, so please dont delay in getting your entries in to avoid disappointment. A timetable will be published on the website as soon as possible after the closing date.
How to Enter:
- To sign up for the event, please visit www.pentathlongb.org and login to your Pentathlon GB online account or create an account if you do not currently have one.
- Once logged in, click on the tab entitled 'Enter Laser-Run' which will take you to the entries page. Alternatively you can click on the link entitled 'Enter British Laser-Run Championships' from the home page.
- Entries will close once capacity has been reached or the closing date whichever is the sooner. The competition entry fee is £15 and athletes will need to be fully paid up members of Pentathlon GB - the membership fee will be automatically added during the online entries process.
- Athletes must have lodged a Laser, Level 1 or Level 2 shooting certificate with us before the competition.
- Comfortable running attire and trainers
- Pistols are available and can be borrowed on the day - please tick the relevant box during the online entries process.
Laser Run explained:
- Athletes start together with a short run into the shooting range and their allocated shooting bay.
- Using a laser pistol, athletes shoot at their designated target as many times at it takes to register 5 successful hits. Each successful hit is represented by a green light.
- After 5 successful hits or 50 seconds (whichever comes first), runners can leave the range and begin their first run before returning to the same range, bay and pistol for their next shoot.
- After their final shoot, competitors complete their last running loop before crossing the finish line.
Laser Run - 2017 Event Dates:
- British Laser Run Championships - Bristol, 5th August, Closing Date 24th July (Open Entry)
- World Laser Run Championships - Cape Town, South Africa, 13th - 16th October
Contact: Sue Hyde, 07590 444374, email Sue Hyde